Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY) is a pension scheme Launched on 1st January 2008 by the Women & Child Development Department, Government of Orissa. The scheme is applicable throughout the state of Orissa. All beneficiaries now covered under the “State Old Age Pension Scheme, 1989” and the “Orissa Disability Pension Scheme, 1985” in the State will be considered MBPY beneficiaries and will get 700/-.Rs. monthly.
Applicants can now submit online applications for the scheme at sepd.gov.in. If you are an Odisha state resident and want to learn more about the scheme, you are at the right place. You may be able to learn more about the scheme and the necessary information on this page, such as how to apply for Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Odisha, who can apply for it, what documents you need, and other important details.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Orissa 2023 (Apply Online)
This scheme is open to state pensioners, PWDs, and widows. The state government would offer a pension to the recipients under this scheme. This program will benefit roughly 50 lakh applicants.
Stipends to Transgender People Approved
The chief minister, Naveen Patnaik, has approved a plan to pay stipends to transgender people in Odisha through the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana.
Transgender people will receive stipends ranging from Rs. 500 to Rs. 900, depending on their age. This will benefit around 6,000 transgender people across the state. Transgender people must apply online for the benefit at https://ssepd.gov.in/, the ministry’s official website. For the next four months, about 48 lakh Madhu Babu Pension Yojana members will receive an advance monthly stipend of Rs 1,000.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana: Latest Update
9th August 2023: The Madhu Babu Pension Yojana has been expanded to include the elderly, widows, and other disadvantaged groups.
The Odisha government announced on Monday that it would be expanding its social security program for the elderly, widows, and other vulnerable populations, adding over 4 lakh new participants.Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik authorized the ‘Madhu Babu Pension Yojana’ benefits for an additional 4.13 applicants.
The decision was made in light of the feedback received during the CMO’s outreach program. The scheme now has 32.75 lakh beneficiaries rather than only 28.61 lacks, broadening its scope. The newly sanctioned recipients will receive their first pension payout on August 15 in front of political officials.
The initiative benefits the elderly, widows, individuals with disabilities, single moms, people living with HIV/AIDS, transgender people, and families affected by COVID. In addition, depending on their category, they receive monthly payments of Rs. 500, Rs. 700, or Rs. 900.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Benefits
- The pension would be 500/- per month for the beneficiary who is between the ages of 60 and 79.
- The pension would be 700/- per month for the beneficiary who is 80 years or older.
- The pension will be paid on the 15th of each month in the denomination of 100/- on “JANA SEWA DlWAS”.
Types Of Madhu Babu Pension
- Old age pension
- Unmarred woman
- Disability pension
- Widow pension
- Divorcee woman
- Disability person with AIDS/ HIV
- Case of Leprosy patient
Aadhaar Link: Required
Those who already benefit from the initiative should be aware that they must link their Aadhaar cards to the social welfare link account. To continue receiving the benefits of the plan, all candidates must link their Aadhaar with their social welfare link account by March 15th. To link your Aadhaar card, produce a photocopy of your Aadhaar card when visiting the Gram Panchayat or municipal office to get a pension.
Scheme Eligibility Criteria
1. The candidate must meet one of the following requirements: a) be at least 60 years old.
- The candidate is a widow.
- The applicant has leprosy and noticeable deformities.
- The applicant is a person of 5 years of age or older who is unable to perform normal employment due to a deformity or impairment such as being blind or orthopedically handicapped, mentally retarded, or suffering from cerebral palsy.
- The applicant is the AIDS patient’s widow.
- The applicant is an AIDS patient who has been identified by the State / District AIDS Control Society (regardless of income as defined in Rule 6(b)).
2. The applicant’s family income from all sources does not exceed 24,000/- per year.
3. The applicant is an Odisha permanent resident/domicile.
4. The applicant is not receiving any other pension from the union or state governments, or from any organization supported by either.
- Aadhaar card
- Resident proof
- Bank Passbook Photocopy
- Age proof (for OAP / DP categories)
- Family income proof (from the concerned Tahasildar)
- 3 Recent Passport-size Photographs (Should Be Attested)
- Caste certificate
- Death certificate of Husband (in case of widow pension)
- Disability Certificate (in case of PWD applicant)
Madhu Babu Pension Scheme Online Apply Process
To apply for the plan, you must do so either online or offline. To apply for the scheme offline, go to the Municipality/NAC’s Office of the Block Development Officer or Executive Officer. To apply online, you must first complete the following steps:
- Visit the Department of Social Security and Persons with Disabilities’ official website.
- Go to the “Apply for scheme” option on the home page and click on it.
- A new page will open on the screen, where you must select “Madhu Babu Pension Yojana” from the scheme drop-down menu.
- Click the “Proceed” button to access the application form, or click here to open the form directly.
- Enter a name, father/husband name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, Aadhar number, district, subdivision, address, and social category after selecting the scheme type.
- Following that, you must provide a scan of your Aadhar card, a thumb impression or signature, and a recent passport-sized photograph.
- Check the box after carefully reading the declaration.
- After reviewing the information, click the “submit” button.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Tollfree Number:
If you have any further questions about the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana, please contact: Helpline Number- 18003457150 or through E-Mail Id- [email protected]